Trying to fall asleep is more time taking and some times it is very irritating too. Just as an act of trying to sleep is very hard. If your mind is not going to sleep then it is a very difficult situation for your body to follow the sleep cycle. But you can use some trick to fall sleep in two minutes this technique is used by the military. It is an easy way to guide your body to slow down your brain neural system. This practice will work for even normal people who need to sleep sitting up.
Sleeping is a human need. Without sleep, we can’t even work to work for a long time. During sleep, our vital organs take some little rest for proper function with good health and well being throughout life. Sleep deficiency can lead you to physical and mental health problems like loss of productivity, an increase of aggressiveness, mental instability, other health diseases, and many more problems.
The military method
1. Relax your face, including the muscle present inside your mouth.
2. Drop your shoulders to release them freely.
3. Exhale, relax your chest.
4. Now its time to imagine some relaxing scenery.
5. Or you can think about some slow songs over for 15 sec.
6. Within 10 seconds you feel tired and sleepy.
If these things don’t work then you need to relax your muscles and breathing.
4-7-8 Breathing method to fall sleepy
Mixing the power of visualization and meditation becomes more effective to sleep within 2 minutes. If you have some respiratory problems like asthma just check with the doctor before doing it. Place the tip of your tongue against the roof of your mouth behind your two front teeth. Keep your tongue like this for some time.
1. Slowly breathe, Let your lips slightly making a whooshing sound as you are exhaling.
2. Then close your lips and inhale slowly through your nose.
3. Then hold you’re breathing for 7 seconds.
4. Complete this cycle for 4-8 times then you feel your body is getting tired and you falling sleepy.
Progressive muscle relaxation
Progressive muscle relaxation helps your deep muscle relaxation to feel sleepy within 2 minutes.
It is important to relax your muscle to release tension throughout the body. This method helps to cure insomnia. This method needs more practice to be a master in this. You need to imagine the tension leaving your body as you exhale.
1. Raise your eyebrows as high as possible for 3 seconds. This will put pressure on your forehead muscles.
2. Relax your muscles immediately and feel the muscle relaxation.
3. Smile widely as much as possible and hold it for 3 seconds. Then bring it to the normal position.
4. Tilt your head to look upward for 5-10 sec then relax your neck back to the pillow.
5. Then slowly relax your other body parts whichever you want to do it for 5 minutes.
6. You slowly you can feel your body is getting relax and you will fall sleepy.
Imagine a calm place
If your mind is too disturbed you can’t feel sleepy. So it is time to make your brain calm so that you can feel the sleepiness. So the best way to calm your brain is to imagine so peaceful place and then try to engage your mind there for some time and then it is possible you feel tired and relax to fall sleepy within 2 minutes. You can imagine the waterfall, the sound of the echoing of water and many more you can think about the jungle view.
Strategies for getting enough sleep
If you want you can increase your habit of sleeping for a long time. Having enough sleep will keep you productive during the day.
Here are some tips for getting enough sleep
a. Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
b. Avoid strenuous exercise and bright artificial light before going to sleep it will give a signal to the brain it is time to wake up which will result in sleeplessness.
e. Avoid nicotine and caffeine these substances interfere with sleep. The effect of caffeine can last for a long time even for 6-8 hours. So a cup of coffee can make it difficult to sleep.
f.Do some physical exercise to make your body sweat to make your body relax, which will help you to have a better sleep.
g.Keep your bedroom quiet, cool, and dark. Take a hot bath before you go to bed to make your body relaxed from the pain.
Bad sleep habits can affect your long term sleep loss which will put some worst effect on your health. Try some sleep diary for a couple of weeks, How much you sleep at night, how much you are alert, how much you are upset, how much you feeling tired. It will help you to track your sleep hours and find out what is wrong in your routine.
sleep plays a vital role in health. Getting enough sleep helps you protect against mental health, physical health, and other mental disorders. During sleep, your brain gives rest to some vital organs regarding the energy to again work properly. It supports brain development, Whatever the neurons are damaged in your brain while sleeping all the neurons get healed that’s the power of taking a good nap to prevent mental disorder.